Tuesday, June 15, 2010

3 babies...day 3

It's been a good day! We got decent sleep last night and we are starting to get in a groove. The girls were on a 11:00, 2:00, 5:00, 8:00 feeding schedule. The 11:00 PM schedule was a killer. It was so hard to stay awake long enough to just get to the 11:00 hour, let alone just be starting the feed. So, we decided that a 10:00, 1:00, 4:00 and 7:00 schedule would be much better for our life at this moment. We can both do the 10:00 PM feed and then would share the two night shifts feed. Adam will do the 1:00 and I will do the 4:00 so that when Adam goes back to work, he won't wake up at 4:00 only to go back to bed at 5:00 and wake again at 6:30. The adjustment was easy on the girls. They usually fuss about a half hour before their feed so, feeding them a half hour early made us all happy campers! Tonight's feed at 10:00, 40 min from now, will be the last of the adjustment. I'm hoping they all feed well, so we (I) can go to sleep and get a few good long hours in before they start fussing at 3:30!

They are so cute! We are so in love with them. It's amazing how we can look at them and just smile for no reason at all but that we love them. Every little smirk they make or new noise or cry we find absolutely amazing. We try to snuggle with them as much as we possibly can, but time isn't always as long as we'd like.

Today...well, let's see, what did we do today? All the girls got baths today. This was the first time we've bathed all three. I would undress the baby and hand her to Adam, who was waiting in the bathroom. He'd scrub her down and hand her back to me, where I would then get the next baby to him, while I was warming, drying and dressing the newly bathed babe! It only took about 20 minutes...not bad for the first try! Reese pooped in the tub which was absolutely gross! It was floating in the water...BLEH! Suprisingly though, I didn't gag and have a freakout! This would have sent me me over the edge just a few months ago, but today, I just cleaned it up...like a champ! Ryann got through her bath with no problems, but then pooed in her towel while Adam dried her off! Silly girls!

Because the girls spent 50 days in the NICU they heard all sorts of alarms, buzzers, noise, people talking and babies crying. In the NICU, we wanted everyone to be quiet around them, but now that they are home, we are very thankful that they are used to the noise. Nothing really upsets these girls! Reese had scooted right next to Regan (yes, we co-bed!) and was screaming in Regan's ear, meanwhile, Regan was sleeping soundly looking so peaceful, like she was laying in a hammock on some tropical island! Wish I could sleep that soundly!

Overall, today was a great day! Tomorrow, Ryann has a dr. appointment at 8:50 in the morning! That is still technically the middle of the night for us since we don't really start our day until about 11:00 or so. This will also be the first time we will be without the girls since bringing them home. We are leaving Reese and Regan home with Mamaw and Papaw Harmon while we venture out with Ryann. It will be much easier toting around just one child to the doctor's office but I'm sure I'll be missing my two other girls!

Well, it's about time to get the bottles ready and start their new 10:00 schedule! Where does the time go? (no time for spell check, sorry for the errors!)

2 comments:

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

I am loving reading about your baby girls...I am still dying to see pics though:( I am so happy for you guys!

Jenny said...

I am so glad you are posting all this. How great to look back and have this for them. I am so happy for you guys Tami! God is so good!