Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2 years and 9 weeks later...God is good!




Well, it was 9 weeks this past Friday since we've had the girls. I cannot believe how much they've grown! Just 9 weeks ago, my little Regan was only 2lbs 15oz, Reese was 3lbs 2oz and Ryann was 3lbs 5oz and now they are all over 7lbs! They all have changed so much! 9 weeks ago they weren't even able to breathe on their own and now they are thriving! God is good!

Two years ago, June 25, 2008, we had Audrey and Avery. Our lives changed forever in a moment. In just an instant, we had our dreams fulfilled, only to have them replaced with deep heartache. I can't hardly believe it was just two years ago. I think of last year, the one year anniversary of their birth and death. I was in so much grief. But, in that moment, on that very day, I also received a promise from God. I didn't know it was a promise at the time, but it was! I have learned that we don't always see things as they are at the moment but sometimes we get the honor of seeing the promises fulfilled later. See...I took a pregnancy test on this day. One year later, the day was so painful as we relieved that moment. Our hearts ached. But, I felt a little nudge to take a pregnancy test. I kept thinking how torturous it was do this on THIS day. But the nudge was very strong, and I thought what a great testimony it would be if it were positive! It was negative. I was confused and just downright angry. Why would I do this to myself? Why would God do this to me? I talked to a friend who gently calmed my anger and became excited. Excited? Yes! She was excited because she felt like it could very well be a promise instead of a curse. I didn't really believe it then, but God does work in mysterious ways. Sometimes, God's timing isn't our own. One year later, here I am, holding my 3 beautiful girls. Never, never did I believe or think that my life could or would change so fast. God does answer prayers!

Secondly, I recieved a facebook message yesterday from a lady that was our nurse the day we had Audrey and Avery. She said that she hasn't forgotten us and that she thinks of us often. She went onto say that because of witnessing our faith and hope, she renewed her relationship with the Lord. God does make all things good for those who love Him! He's reminded me of how He was in every moment of that day. Although our hearts were breaking, He was holding us. He put people in our path to comfort us and pray and care for us. He was there when we didn't see Him, feel Him or even want Him in our hurt and anger, He was there.

Now, here we are, 9 weeks after the birth of our daughters and 2 years after the birth and loss of our twins. This day was filled with heartache as we remembered the heaviness of that day. But, our day was also filled with feedings every 3 hours, diaper changes, little cries, pouty faces, and sweet smiles as they catch a glimpse of our faces, baths x3 and wardrobe changes in preparation for the girls first photoshoot.

There isn't much else to say, but God is good! Isaiah 61!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a living testimony your family is Tami. And what sweet sweet photos of your girls! I am so happy for all of you!

Meagan Maynard said...

Love you girl! Thanks for my daily cry today.. ;)

Daddy's Dream ~Mommy's Miracle said...

Well spoken Tami!!!

Cindy said...

Wonderful testimony of the Lord's unfailing love Tami! The pictures are just beyond precious!
Love you!
Cindy

Jenny said...

Sniff, sniff... I just cried through this entire post. How great our God is!! So happy for you guys and what God has shown you through all this.. and how He has used you to shine HIM. Love ya! The girls are just beautiful!!

Hirra said...

Thank the Lord for all of His blessings. It is so good and encouraging to read your posts.